The evenings are getting cooler and fall is upon us! We’re very excited about all the fun events coming up this month. In the October Newsletter, we’re covering updates on our office and community, contests, as well as some recognition for our Vineyard tribe that we’re very proud of!
Don’t forget—for updates on all of the September events and news, scroll past our event calendar.
October Events Calendar
New Temporary Leasing Office
As we get prepared to move into our community, we have a temporary leasing office for the month of October. Beginning Tuesday, October 1st, come visit us at 2850 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 200 Henderson, NV 89052 (right across the street from the Vineyard Henderson Property!)
Vineyard’s 1st Annual Pumpkin Patch & Contest
On Tuesday, October 1st, come out to the 1st annual Pumpkin Patch! We’re celebrating fall and Halloween with an old fashioned pumpkin patch—but with a fun twist! All of our pumpkins are non-perishable so that you can carve, decorate, and enjoy them all month long. We also want to see the best pumpkin – so we’re hosting a month-long social media contest!
Here are all the spooky details:
- Date: Tuesday, October 1st, 10am-4pm
- Pumpkin patch location: 170 S. Green Valley Parkway, Suite 300, we’ll have plenty of pumpkins and decorating supplies!
- Cost: We ask that everyone who would like to participate make a minimum $5 donation. All proceeds will go to Vineyard Tribe’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Team, which supports continued research and awareness for breast cancer.
- Contest details: Decorate your non-perishable pumpkin on Tuesday at the patch, or feel free to take it home and get creative! To enter the contest you must post a picture of your pumpkin on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, tag Vineyard Henderson, and use the hashtag #VineyardPumpkinPatch. We’ll accept entries on social media all month long until Tuesday 10/28!
- How to win: Our community will select winners in three categories: Most Original, Most Creative, Most Scary. Winners will be announced on Halloween day, Thursday 10/31!
- Prizes: Large “Spa Get-Away” gift sets, complete with a spa session and massage, “Take Me to the Movies!” basket with a gift card to a local cinema
Vineyard Executive Director, Nicole Hanna, Presenting at Touro University – October 2
We are very proud to announce that our Executive Director, Nicole Hanna, will be presenting at Touro University to the Occupational Therapy Medical Student class on the topic of dementia. Nicole is an expert in the field of innovative dementia care and awareness. She’ll be co-presenting with a Touro Doctorate Candidate on the topic, as well as presenting the Virtual Dementia Training program. Touro University is one of our area’s major medical and research universities and Vineyard Henderson’s local partners.
- Wednesday, October, 2nd, at Touro University Campus
- Note: this lecture is not open to the public.
Aquatics for Seniors – October 3 and October 31
Nicole will “raising the bar” of wellness by teaching TWO Aquatics for Seniors class at Revel this month!
- Thursday, October 3rd, 11am-12pm
- Thursday, October 31st, 11am-12pm
- Please contact Revel for more information
Sweet Caroline Tour – October 5
Our community partner Friends of Parkinson’s is hosting the Sweet Caroline Tour — a Neil Diamond Concert Celebration. Vineyard Henderson is very honored to be a sponsor for this night of fun! Artist Jay White will be the headliner, with a VIP cocktail reception before the concert. You won’t want to miss this event – limited tickets are still available, get yours now!
- Saturday, October 5th, at 7pm at The Venue, 750 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- To purchase tickets visit the Eventbrite page here
Vineyard Gives Collection Day – October 13
We’ll be collecting our monthly donations for the Las Vegas Rescue Mission on Sunday, October 13th. As we enter the colder fall and winter months, we’re asking for new donation items. We are seeking blankets and jackets of all sizes. Note that you can drop off donations any day we’re open. But one Sunday each month we gather all items for a big drop off – if you’d like to help you’re more than welcome to come on by!
- Sunday, October 13, 10-11am at our New Leasing Office
Anyone who donates an item to our Vineyard Gives program will be entered to win in our monthly social media raffle!
Walk to End Alzheimer’s – October 19
On Saturday, October 19th the Vineyard Henderson tribe is partnering with our local Lowe’s to provide the presenting wall for the Las Vegas Walk to End Alzheimer’s. The presenting wall is located at the end of the walk and collects the thousands of signatures and inspirational messages. The Vineyard tribe will also be participating in the walk, we would be honored if you donated to our team. All donations advance the care, support, and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Saturday, October 19, at Town Square, 6605 S. Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119, get more event info here
- Registration starts at 8am, the ceremony begins at 9am, with the walk kicking off at 9:30am
- Donate to the Vineyard Henderson team here
Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk – October 27
The tribe will be taking part in another fundraiser that’s near and dear to our hearts – The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. Our executive director, Nicole, will not only be a proud representative in the survivor’s tent, but our tribe will be participating in the walk as well.
Please consider making a contribution to our Making Strides team. As the organization explains: “By donating to a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event you’re helping the American Cancer Society make a difference in so many ways, from funding innovative breast cancer research to simply providing a hand to hold.”
- Sunday, October 27, at Red Rock Casino Resort Spa, 11011 W. Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV, get more event info here
- Registration starts at 7am, the walk begins at 8:30am
- Donate to the Vineyard Henderson team here
Lunch and Learn
We held another informative Lunch and Learn session this month discussing the challenging behaviors associated with dementia.
We had such a great turn out for our September Sangria Social! It was wonderful to mingle with so many Henderson and Las Vegas community members, not to mention enjoy some delightful sangria and refreshments!
Dog Days of Summer
Thanks to all the people and pooches that came to our Dog Days of Summer event – we had such a fun time!
Vineyard Gives – Hurricane Victims
Our Vineyard Gives initiative in September was focused on victims of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. A great big thank goes out to you to Compassion Care Hospice, First Light Home Care, and Physicians Choice Home Health for contributing to the cause this month. We were touched by your overwhelming generosity!